Let’s get real, what do you tell yourself when you walk past a mirror and catch a glimpse of the person staring back at you? What feelings fill up your body when you look at her? Can you relate to phrases and feelings like;
‘Oh god, look at those bags under your eyes, do you even sleep woman?’
‘Pretty sure you have more freckles than you did last week and you haven’t even seen sunlight!’
‘Your eyebrows are going to host their own TV show soon’
‘You need to make more of an effort, who would find you sexy?’
Or even worse, you don’t even look at her anymore because you would rather not feel those feelings at all.
This used to be me! And the sad thing is I am pretty sure I am not alone.
Now it’s a different story, I happily walk past a mirror and give myself a big smile and can comfortably tell myself these beautiful phrases and better yet, believe them:
For those that have never tried this and can relate more to person A than person B all you have to do is follow these 5 simple steps.
1. Start by acknowledging her existence, get comfortable with staring back at her
2. Write a mantra on your mirror in either lipstick or on a sticky note to remind you to do this every day, something like “You are enough”, “I Love You” ,“You are beautiful”
3. Tell her what you wish you could have told your 12 year self
4. Start with just one thing you love about her and increase it every day for a week
5. Show up for her every single day and fill her with the love she deserves, keep telling her over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over….. and well you get the picture repetition and consistency is KEY!
It soon will become engrained in you to look for the beauty within you, which will raise your vibration and heal those broken pieces bit by bit.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most beautiful of all? Why you are of course and never forget it!
Now go on and bask in your awesomeness.
I am passionate about sharing my health journey in the hope it will help others improve their health. Instead of taking 10 years like it did to me it is accessible now! I have a bachelor of Public Health with Majors of Nutrition and Health Promotion. I will soon be undertaking an Integrative Health Practitioner Certification.